Frequently Asked Questions
In addition to the Supermodel Society being a Protestant Christian women’s network and mentorship focused organization, we are also an online magazine. Check out common questions regarding the organization as a whole:
About the Supermodel Society as an Organization
- What does the Supermodel Society do as an organization? We sponsor activities, gatherings, events, initiatives and workshops to help women connect, receive support, foster “Christ-centered” esteem (self-esteem based on a right relationship with God in heaven), and develop their talents for the Lord.
- Is the Supermodel Society a national or regional organization? Presently, the Supermodel Society is a registered non-profit in the state of Arizona, that operates both in Arizona and California.
- Who do you serve? The Supermodel Society serves Protestant Christian women and teen girls who aspire to be true supermodels (women who strive to make every effort to express the best in themselves, in a manner that inspires others to be their best, all to the glory of God). In addition, we reach out to women and teen girls who are potentially drawn to basic Protestant Christian ideology, who desire to develop a relationship with the Lord, and live for Him.
About the Supermodel Society as an Online Publication
- What is the purpose of the Supermodel Society’s online magazine? Through our website, which acts as an online magazine, we seek to educate, inspire, and celebrate Protestant Christian women and teen girls who are doing positive things within their communities, as well as inform interested persons on women’s issues who want to positively impact the lives of women and adolescent girls.
- Is the Supermodel Society magazine available in print format? No. Our publication is operated exclusively online.
- How often is your magazine published? Currently our magazine is a bi-monthly publication, having a new issue six (6) times per year and is typically published on the 1st of the month, given the first does not fall on a Saturday.
- How do I subscribe to your magazine? Is it free? The Supermodel Society does not require a subscription to read it. It is free and open to the public just by visiting our website, www.thesupermodelsociety.org. However, we do encourage you to sign-up for Enews and Updates, Fan Us on Facebook, and Follow Us on Twitter, which will keep you abreast of upcoming Supermodel Society sponsored activities and events.
- How can I be featured in the Supermodel Society’s online magazine? The Supermodel Society would love to hear your story and possibly consider you for coverage. If you are interested in possibly being featured on our site, submit your bio and contact information to email@example.com.
- I would like to be a contributor to your magazine. How can I go about submitting articles? Check out our writer’s guidelines below and email all article submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Writers interested in submitting content should choose from the following topics:
- Love and Relationships
- Human Interest & Current Events
- Women’s Ministry
- Stewardship & Finance
- We only accept high quality content. We reserve the right to refuse any information that is poorly written or does not fit the overall style, vision, and mission of the Supermodel Society. Please do not be offended if your work is not chosen.
- Content submitted to the Supermodel Society will NOT be compensated.
- Please allow up to ten (10) weeks for the review of your submission. We endeavor to respond promptly to submissions. However, dependent upon the volume of articles received, it may not always be possible to do so. If we elect to feature your work, you will be notified via phone or email. Please do not forget to submit current and reliable contact information.
- Please do NOT send a follow-up email to check the progress of your submission. If we have not contacted you within the standard 10-week period, you may safely assume that your work was not selected to be featured in our publication.
- Submissions must be between 500 and 1500 words. If your article falls outside the standard word count, please make a notation at the beginning of your submission.
- When submitting your article please indicate which topic category it falls under.
- Please include a relevant bio and photo that will be featured with your article should we publish it on our site.
- In terms of rights and regulations, we request one-time electronic rights and the right to keep chosen submissions in our archives, as well as use them for future Supermodel Society published content. By submitting an article to the Supermodel Society, you hereby grant us permission to publish and edit it, for length and content, as necessary, without monetary compensation on www.thesupermodelsociety.org. Should your article be featured on our site, you will be given full editorial credit, and your byline containing your contact information will be published as well. This allows for promotion of your writing, as well as possible promotion for your ministry. By submitting your contribution, you represent that you are its author or creator, or that you are submitting it with the permission of its author or creator, who has agreed to these terms and conditions.
PLEASE NOTE: You are responsible for taking the necessary steps to ensure appropriate copyright protection of your work. For more information on how to go about protecting and registering your literary works please visit: www.copyright.gov.
- What NOT to do when submitting work:
- Do not send promotional material
- Do not embed links inside your article
- Do not submit plagiarized work
- Do not “code” your article using HTML tags
- Do not send in PDF format (make sure your work is either written in Microsoft Word or is Microsoft Word compatible)
PLEASE NOTE: Keep in mind this is an exclusively Protestant Christian Women’s organization and magazine. We are about pursuing excellence in everything, upholding traditional Judeo-Christian values, edifying the Body of Christ, and ultimately glorifying our Father in heaven. As such, if your article falls out of scope with the Supermodel Society’s overall mission, vision and purpose, do NOT waste your time or ours by submitting an article.
- I read an article on your website that I would like to reprint. Is there a cost for that? Reprinting any article “in whole or part” without proper permission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. In order to reprint an article featured on our website, proper permissions MUST be granted. To request an article for reprint, address your email as “Article Reprinting” and send your request to email@example.com.
About Joining the Supermodel Society
- Is there a fee to join the Supermodel Society? No, there is no fee to join the Supermodel Society. The Supermodel Society is not seeking “members” but “partners in ministry” who believe in our mission, desire to help the organization spread it’s message, and want to see the development of true supermodels for God, who are equipped to shine brightly for Him in a dark and dying world.
- By partnering with the Supermodel Society what do I receive? In partnering with the Supermodel Society, you have the opportunity to network with other like-minded women, and receive invitations to exclusive Supermodel Society social gatherings, outreach oriented events, participate in Christ-centered self-improvement workshops, or possibly be featured on our website.
Getting Involved & Event Attendance
- How can I get directly involved? For partners who are interested in direct involvement, Supermodel Society Board approved partners have the opportunity to be contributors to our online magazine, as well as volunteer or be presenters at organizational events and workshops. For partners interested in being contributors, see the information above about article submissions. For those interested in volunteering or presenting, contact our corporate office to speak with someone who can assist you in this matter. We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (877) 378-8340. Note that when sending an email to request being a volunteer or presenter please indicate in the topic line “Volunteer and/or Presenter Opportunities.”
- How can I find out about upcoming events and activities? By visiting our website and clicking “outreach,” as well as through your free subscription (which provides updates), becoming a Supermodel Society fan on Facebook, or by following us on Twitter, you can keep abreast of forthcoming events and activities.
About Corporate Partners & Sponsorship
- As a corporation, how do I partner with or sponsor the Supermodel Society? The Supermodel Society is always on the lookout for corporate sponsors and partners who support the overall vision and mission of the organization. We offer various corporate partnership opportunities wherein partners can sponsor activities, gatherings, or events. The Supermodel Society can also serve as charity beneficiary for various corporate initiatives or employee giving programs. We can also partner for Supermodel Society Board approved cross-promotional events. Other ways in which corporations can partner with us are by making in-kind donations of venues, clothing, food and beverages, as well as products and services for community outreach events. The possibilities are numerous, and we look forward to discussing them with you further. For more information about how to partner with the Supermodel Society, contact email@example.com, listing “Corporate Sponsorship/Partnership” in the topic line.
About Promotions & Advertising
- How can I become an advertiser on your website? Only approved corporate sponsors and partners may advertise on our website. For more information on how to go about advertising on the Supermodel Society’s corporate website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can you promote my events on your website or at your special events? As an organization, the Supermodel Society has strict policies about the information it disseminates. The Supermodel Society does not advertise events or opportunities unless they are directly related to, or in agreement with, the Supermodel Society mission, vision, and purpose.
- Can I post a link for my website on your website/vice versa? Presently, the Supermodel Society does not support links for other web pages on www.thesupermodelsociety.org unless the link is associated with a corporate sponsor, partner, or contributor.
PLEASE NOTE: While we greatly appreciate your comments, please know that all comments made specifically on the “FAQ” page will NOT be published.
About The AuthorGeneral Information